I am so excited to share this recipe with y’all. I found it on Pinterest and modified it and man….it’s a member of the clean plate club and so easy to make. So here it is. Vegan Dark Chocolate Mousse.
Equipment that will make your life easier
- A blender or a food processor
- A microwave to melt your chocolate chips.
- Two cups of chocolate chips(I used Enjoy Life semisweet dark chocolate morsels. Allergen friendly and vegan!)
- 1tablespoon of Earth Balance Vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 – 14oz can of Organic Coconut Cream (I used Trader Joe’s brand. It’s my fav)
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- A splash of non dairy milk.
- Combine chocolate, butter or coconut oil and non diary milk. Melt in microwave for one minute or until chocolate is melted.
- While that’s melting, empty the can of coconut cream in blender or food processor and let it run for about one minute.
- Remove Chocolate chips from the microwave and stir until shiny and smooth.
- Scrape into the coconut cream mixture, add the chia seeds and blend until smooth.
- The mixture will be loose, but smooth. Pour into rocks glasses and put in the fridge to set up, at least two hours.
We added sliced strawberries to ours and zooo maaaah gawd. So creamy. So delicious. No added sugar and you’re not going to feel heavy and gross afterwards because there is no dairy or refined sugar in this recipe. Give it a try and tell me how you it turns out!!